The Xiaomi m365 electric scooter also called Xiaomi Mijia scooter is a high-quality product that I’ve been very interested in getting my hands on for a while. I actually waited for the price to drop a bit before getting this one.
Nonetheless, the m365 is an excellent electric scooter from a famous Asian brand called Xiaomi that delivers an 18.6 miles distance per charge at a top speed of up to 15.5 miles per hour.
Ride through the city at speeds of up to 15.5 miles per hour with a total distance of 18.6 miles per charge with the Xiaomi m365 electric scooter. Powered by a 250W hub motor in the front that delivers an accurate, responsive and powerful ride.
It has two pneumatic 8.5” tires and you get two spare tires and inner tubes inside the box, at least I did when I bought it on Amazon.
The Xiaomi m365 mijia is a predecessor to the Segway ES1 scooter which we reviewed just weeks ago.
The motor is powered by a 42V 7.8Ah lithium-ion battery utilizing 30 powerful 18650 cells. To say, it has a large battery capacity and it’ll take you at least 5 hrs to fully recharge the battery if emptied completely.
Overall an enjoyable scooter that does provide a feeling of stability and quality. The design is slick and with the matte black finish, you can hardly go wrong.
Speed up to 15.5 mph
A distance of up to 18.6 miles per charge
Hub motor 250W
Lithium-ion 42V 7.8Ah
Weight 26.9 lbs
8.5″ pneumatic tires
A great scooter that provides you with everything in moderation. A good all-around solution that fits adults who want to use an electric scooter in order to go those shorter distances, -10 miles.
- Stable and high-quality
- Two different speed-modes
- Good speed and distance per charge
- Excellent brakes
- Spare-parts are available
- Tires are prone to flats
- Had to adjust brakes upon arrival
- Distance per charge is a bit optimistic
Mi Electric Scooter, 18.6 miles long-range battery, Up to 15.5 mph, Easy Fold-n-Carry Design, Ultra-Lightweight adult electric scooter (US Version...
- [EXTREMELY FAST AND LONG-RANGE BATTERY LIFE] - A 250W motor propels the e-scooter to a max speed of 15.5 MPH. High capacity battery with a maximum travel range of up to 18.6 miles under specific conditions
The first impression of the Xiaomi M365 was all great and well. Riding it was smooth, but as always we have that somewhat over-optimistic distance per charge issue that we have in most of our e-scooter reviews.
I mean can’t we just come together and decide that we are going to use 160 lbs pressure for an adult scooter and then benchmark it in a test machine to get some realistic values?
I got around 9.8 miles on a single charge with my 177 lbs which is still good but not even close to the advertised distance per charge.
It comes with a disk brake which was poorly aligned upon arrival. It probably got loose during transit and I had to screw in the small Allen key screw in order to get the brake pads aligned correctly. Quick fix and 5 minutes later the brakes were working as intended. The braking effect is very good and I never got that feeling of “oh no, please stop!” which is always a good indicator.
The inflatable tires help you manage smaller bumps in the road and helps to reduce shocks. Larger potholes are a no-go though and as always with air-filled tires, they are prone to flats.
The battery is built with high-quality LG lithium-ion 18650 cells so the battery won’t wear out too quickly and you don’t have to worry about a battery change for at least 500 more recharges.
- Kinetic recharging or regenerative recharge recharges the battery when going downhill or braking.
- A mobile application with real-time data, history, and the ability to update the scooter firmware.
- A two brake system with a rear disc brake and an electric motor brake.
- 8.5” pneumatic tires that reduce shocks and are big enough to ride on rough asphalt without any issues.
- Economy and advanced mode, you get a better distance per charge in the economy mode but it’s not as fun to ride.
- Stable and high-quality frame and parts.
- A bicycle bell which is a must-have item by law in countries like mine.
- Nice and simple folding system that secures the scooters handle to the rear splash guard for increased stability when lifted.
- A small kick-stand that lets you put the scooter to rest without putting it down on the ground or let it lean against something.
- If the battery runs dry you can use it as a manual kick-scooter, just a bit heavier.
The review test data
Distance: 9.8 miles
Speed: 15.3 mph
Avg speed: 7.7 mph
Battery Consumption: 100% to 10%
Surface: Flat surface, minor elevation
I like how it handles uneven asphalt very well and it feels stable, I have yet to be thrown off.
The scooter is built for adult riding and it is able to riders up to 220 lbs. If you’re heavier I suggest that you have a look at one of the more powerful scooters like the Qiewa Q1.
If you go with the M365 and you’re within the weight limit you will get a sweet ride that can be taken with you everywhere. It provides you with everything in moderation and I consider it to be a cheap and reliable scooter. Just see how well it performs in comparison to the Segway ES2.